What Do I Need to Setup a Sporfie Event?
- A smartphone, tablet or RTMP camera (GoPro, Mevo, etc.) dedicated solely to filming the event
- Place your device in “Do Not Disturb” mode to avoid disruptions to the stream
- A reliable connection (your phone service or other Wi-Fi/internet connection).
- A mounting device will be needed. A tripod with a phone adaptor is a good option for most sports.
Create an Event
Once you have downloaded the Sporfie app and created your account, setting up your device to start live streaming and saving moments is quick and easy.
When you open the app, there are multiple options to get started. If you are already onsite at a sporting event, you may immediately see events happening now nearby. Or, you will see a message on the main screen indicating that there are no events in your area.
To create a new event, press + in the right-hand corner, or tap “create new event” under the Now! screen.
You will be prompted to provide the details of the event, including:
- Name (Required): Provide a title that is clearly recognizable to anyone in attendance, as others in your same location will be able to view the event and join. Note: If you use the two team names with either “vs” or “@” between them, the names will be auto filled in the “Teams” fields below.
- Organization (Required): If your user account has been added to your organization’s account, you will see an option to choose that here, otherwise you will see “None.” Choosing the correct organization will ensure your event appears on the designated landing page and will also allow you to use the streaming plan centrally purchased by the Club/Organization Admin.
- Access Code (Optional): If you want to restrict access to your event, you can create an event-specific pin code by turning on the “Access Code” option on the event creation screen.
- Camera Control Code (Optional): To limit who can add a camera stream to your event, activate the “Camera Control Code” option and set a pin code.
The event will appear in the Nearby! view and will be discoverable by those in your immediate area.
Add a Camera
Once an event has been created/scheduled by you or a member of your organization, anyone with the Sporfie Mobile App can add their device as the streaming camera. If you do not have a live streaming plan, you can add a device in highlights-only mode at no charge to any event.
To add a Smartphone or Tablet, tap on your event and click the “Add Camera” icon. To use a GoPro or other action camera, please request additional instructions from us.
Configure your settings on the "Camera Options" menu and press Start. The camera will automatically be set up as a live streaming device unless there are no streams available, at which point you will see the option to set up the camera in highlight-only mode.
- Recommended: Turn Microphone ON
- Recommended: Make sure you select the appropriate audio input connected to the camera device.
- Not Recommended: Local Recording saves the entire game footage to your local device, taking up a lot of space on your phone. We recommend you leave this option turned OFF because the game will be recorded to the cloud where you have the option to download the footage later.
- Optional: If you want to set up a second device for an event, repeat the instructions above. If your Sporfie account has another available stream, a second live stream will be created, if not, your device will be added for highlights only. This is generally used if you want to get a second viewing angle when you clip highlights.
Once you have positioned the device somewhere unobtrusive, but still at an effective angle, leave the phone, sit back and enjoy the game.
Sharing Your Event with Others
If you have a live streaming account, you can share your landing page with all of your fans to find your Live games. Please make sure to share this link with your viewing audience. DO NOT invite them to install the Sporfie mobile app for watching. The mobile app is intended for those filming the game or those who are physically in attendance. Although viewing is possible from the app, it does not provide the easiest experience. Your landing page is the go-to place for all your viewers to connect easily, watch the action, and even save highlights during and after the game.
To share an event within the mobile app, select the three dots in the upper right corner of the event and tap “Invite a Friend.” This invite will bring the viewer directly to the event page and can be opened on mobile or desktop, so family members or friends can view the live stream, capture highlights, and more.
- To save your moments from the sidelines, join an event and hit the orange button in the bottom right corner to save the moments you want after they have happened.
- To capture highlights while viewing live on a computer, tap the same orange button on the right side of the video player to save the moments you want after they have happened. You must be signed in to use this feature.
- You can also save highlights using our Bluetooth Clipr button, which lets you stow your mobile device completely and save clips via a Sporfie-paired remote.
- Don’t tap the button until after the moment happens that you wish to save. Sporfie saves the past seconds of action, so clicking to save prematurely will result in a clip of time preceding the moment you want.